Thursday, October 4, 2012

Embracing God's Purpose

I have always pondered what would happen if I lost the ability to use a body part, such as my arm. This would not only break me down mentally, but also completely eliminate the chances of me furthering my baseball career. During a mentor meeting this summer, my mentor quoted a man named Nick Vujicic saying, ""The biggest temptation I believe is to feel comfortable, to feel like you've worked through all of that here on Earth, and are satisfied with this life." This quote appears in Zaimov's article endorsing Vujicic's book, "Unstoppable." This quote is so important and relevant to the idea of embracing God's purpose. The worst thing you can feel is comfortability and Vujicic supports this with a quote later in the article:  "With me, in my life, I know that there are people who can get encouraged to see how God can use a man without arms and legs to be his hands and feet, but I wanted people to know that I am not a superhero, it is not about me, or how well I speak or articulate – it is the Spirit of God. It is an active relationship with him." Vujicic not only denounces comfortability but also states that he uses his disabilities as an advantage. Those watching his life understand that God can and does work through anybody as long as you open yourself to his plans for your life. This being said, as a reader it is necessary to acknowledge the importance of God's perfect purpose for yourself. Whether it is as drastic as Vujicic's situation, or whether you live an ordinary life, people will see a difference in the way a servant of God lives. Understanding that Vujicic went from trying to commit suicide multiple times, to embracing his purpose and evangelizing through the nations, is not only inspiring but God-breathed! Know that our Father has a purpose for you that is far greater than we can imagine and will only prosper us and not harm us. Nick Vujicic talks "Unstoppable"

No comments:

Post a Comment